Park City offers year-round access to a wide range of outdoor and cultural activities, all surrounded by the picturesque Rocky Mountains. Park City is also home to two world-class ski resorts: Deer Valley Resort and Park City Mountain Resort, both venues during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
Ski With A Champion
Olympian Heidi Voelker
ANNOUNCING THE NEW SKI WITH A CHAMPION PROGRAM
New this winter season, Deer Valley Resort is introducing its "Ski with a Champion" program. This one-of-a-kind experience allows guests at Stein Eriksen Lodge half day or full day access to ski with one of six heavily celebrated and well-known Olympic athletes at the world-renowned Deer Valley Resort.
Olympic Athletes in the program include:
- Heidi Voelker: As the Ambassador of Skiing at Deer Valley Resort, Heidi is a 12-year veteran of the U.S. Ski Team with six top-ten World Cup finishes, the 1994 National Champion in Giant Slalom and many more successes in national and world competitions that sum up her illustrious racing career.
- Shannon Bahrke: A three-time Olympian, including a silver medal for mogul skiing at Deer Valley Resort during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games. She became the first U.S. freestyle skier to win multiple Olympic medals. Shannon is also the 2003 Overall World Cup Champion and six-time U.S. National Champion.
- Kris "Fuzz" Feddersen: In addition to coaching the 1998 U.S. Winter Olympic Aerial Ski Team, Fuzz has competed in three Olympics and numerous World Championships. Recognized as a pioneer in the sport of freestyle skiing, Fuzz was also recently elected into the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame.
- Kaylin Richardson: A four-time National Alpine CHampion and 10-year veteran of the U.S. Ski Team, Kaylin competed in the 2006 and 2016 Olympic Winter Games. Most recently, Kaylin won the Freeskiing World Tour's North American Championship in 2012.
- Jillian Vogtli: A two-time Olympian and 13-year veteran of the U.S. Freestyle Ski Team, Jillian is best known for being the only woman to perform the Cork 720 in the Olympic Winter Games, along with her successes in the mogul and dual mogul events.
- Trace Worthington: A two-time Olympian and U.S. Ski Hall of Fame inductee, Trace has earned 37 World Cup victories, 7 world titles, 11 national titles and 79 podium finishes on the FIS World Cup Freestyle circuit. He remains the most decorated male freestyle skier in U.S. history and #2 in the world for the most victories ever in the history of men's freestyle skiing competition.
To learn more or schedule a ski day, please click here or contact our Concierge desk at (435) 645-6460 for assistance. Add an unforgettable experience to your legendary vacation. We're looking forward to seeing you on the hill!
Located on-site just below the Main Lobby, the Ski Valet service at the ski locker room at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley creates an unparalleled ski vacation experience. Ski Valets welcome guests with hot drinks, including our signature hot apple cider, prepped equipment and run recommendations. After a tough day on the slopes, guests may return their equipment for cleaning and nightly storage.
Ski-in/Ski-out access to Deer Valley Resort makes Stein’s a true skier’s dream. Additional amenities include:
Ski Valet and Locker Room
The locker room is staffed by our friendly ski valets. Each guest has unlimited access to a locker during their stay. Locker room amenities include boot warming services, current weather and trail conditions and complimentary hot chocolate or hot apple cider.
Stein Eriksen Sport
The on-site sports shop offers convenient ski rentals and repair. You may reserve your equipment online by using the below reservation form.
Deer Valley Resort Skier Services
While staying at Stein’s, guests will have access to the Deer Valley Skier Service Desk located in the Mountain Lodge by the ski shop. Advance reservations for ski school are recommended for all group and private lessons. To make ski school reservations, please call (888) 754-8477.
Deer Valley is a skier only mountain. The hotel provides complimentary shuttles to guests wishing to snowboard or ski at the neighboring Park City Mountain Resort or Canyons Village.
HORSE DRAWN SLEIGH RIDE
Whether you want a romantic adventure for two or a fun family outing, our partners provide a variety of year-round horse drawn sleigh rides. Options include short or long sleigh rides and depart directly from the deck of Stein Eriksen Lodge. Make your winter trip even more memorable by including this magical winter experience. Contact our Concierge team to make a reservation or inquire further. (435) 645-6460
Looking for an alternative family-friendly winter activity? Try snow tubing! It's easy. Sit and slide down the frosty hillside as you laugh and scream down the slopes. Gorgoza Park in Park City or Soldier Hollow in Midway provide a beautiful setting with the benefit of either a lift-served system or moving walkway to help transport you and the tube back to the top of the hill. Fun for all ages and all abilities. Be sure to bundle up in a waterproof jacket, snow pants, winter boots, winter hat and waterproof gloves. Goggles or sunglasses are also recommended. Ask our Concierge for additional details. (435) 645-6460
Tailor your next alpine experience at Stein Eriksen Lodge, the hallmark of your Park City vacation. From the famous Sundance Film Festival to awe-inspiring ski and snowboard competitions, Park City is a vibrant winter destination filled with exciting events, family-fun activities, festivals, art exhibits and dining options.
Below is a highlight of some of the events and activities you can enjoy at Stein Eriksen Lodge and the surrounding area:
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides - evening rides depart from the Main Lodge
- Gorgoza snow tubing park
- Snow tubing
- Viking Yurt - treat your family or that special someone to a once-in-a-lifetime dinner experience
- Dog sledding
- Cross-country skiing
The Concierge staff will be more than happy to assist in planning every aspect of your trip to ensure you know what to do while in Park City. To inquire about or book an activity, contact the Concierge directly at (435) 645-6460.
- Mountain biking, hiking and scenic chairlift rides at Deer Valley Resort
- Road and leisure trail biking
- River rafting/kayaking
- Scenic airplane rides
- Utah Olympic Park
- Aerial shows
- Learn-to camps/clinics
- Wheeled bobsled rides
- Alpine coaster rides
- Horseback riding
- Hot-air balloon rides
- Outdoor concerts
- Sport clay-shooting
- Stand-up paddle boarding
- Deer Valley Adventure Camp - children up to 12 years of age
- Park City Mountain Resort summer adventures
- Art galleries
- Historic Main Street museum (walking-tours in summer)
- Indoor kids gym
- Hot-air balloon rides
- Shopping at boutiques and Tanger Outlet Mall
The team at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley creates an unparalleled experience. Our concierge team welcomes guests with refreshing cold drinks, weather updates, activity recommendations and trail conditions. After a full day on the mountain side, guests may return their equipment to the concierge team for nightly storage.
Ride-in/Ride-out access to Deer Valley Resort makes Stein’s a true biker's dream. Additional amenities include:
- Bike Services
The concierge desk is staffed by our friendly and knowledgeable team. Each guest has access to current weather, trail conditions, and complimentary bottled water. Plus, our staff offers bike storage at the bell desk.
- Stein Eriksen Sport
The on-site sports shop offers convenient bike rentals and repair. You may reserve your equipment by contacting Stein Eriksen Sport (435) 658-0683. The shop is open seasonally for the summer starting in June. There are also a number of equipment rental shops located throughout town.
- Deer Valley Resort Biker Services
While staying at Stein Eriksen Lodge, guests can easily access the Deer Valley Biker Services at the Snow Park Mountain Biking Office, located just 9 minutes downhill at the lower Deer Valley Resort base. To contact the Deer Valley Resort Biker Services, please call (888) 754-8477.
Access to world-class fly fishing with experienced guides can be set up easily through our Concierge team. We help you get access to our blue-ribbon rivers and streams teaming with such varieties as native Bonneville and Colorado Cutthroat, massive Rainbows, Brook Trout, Browns and Tiger Trout. Your time on the water will be amply rewarded and you will truly love this experience!
We work with very select outfitters in town who have a detailed knowledge of the rivers and streams in Northern Utah, as well as years of knowledge and experience for fishing these waters. Also, new this year, access to private streams at the Fins & Feathers property, located roughly 20 minutes east of Park City, can also be arranged. Please contact our Concierge team with inquiries or to make a reservation. (435) 645-6460
Elevate your game and experience golf at new heights. With 15 courses in the community, the only hard part is deciding which course to visit. Seven public and eight private courses are designed by such names as Jack Nicklaus, Rees Jones or William Neff and provide the most breathtaking mountain backdrop.
To schedule a golf tee time, please contact our Concierge team at (435) 645-6460.
Upcoming Events and Festivals
In Park City and the surrounding area, each day summons a new adventure. Create a vacation with unique alpine events, family-fun festivals, epicurean adventures and more Park City activities.
There is always something entertaining going on in our mountain town. From the Deer Valley Music Festival and the Kimball Arts Festival to the monthly gallery strolls and weekly Farmer's Market, Park City is happening all year long.
Sundance Film Festival
Jan. 19 to Jan. 29, 2017
Thin Air Innvation Festival
Apr. 5 to Apr. 7, 2017
Park Silly Market
Sundays Jun. to Oct.
Park City Food and Wine Classic
Jul. 6 to Jul. 9, 2017
Deer Valley Music Festival
Jul. to Aug. 2017
Hops on the Hill at Stein Eriksen Lodge
Tuesdays from 5 to 10 p.m. Jul. to Aug. 2017
Kimball Arts Festival
Aug. 4 to Aug. 6, 2017
Park City Farmer's Market
Every Wednesday from 12 to 6 p.m. at Canyons Village
Deer Valley Resort
Dec. 3, to Apr. 16, 2017 (winter operations)
Jun. to Sep. 2017 (summer operations)